Ovid Elsie Jr RB Chris Robinson

Discussion in 'Michigan Preps Football Forum' started by Jmali69, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Jmali69

Jmali69
    Expand Collapse

Any updates on who is recruiting this kid? I know the conference is not strong, but he is putting up good statistics. Will be the all-time leading rusher at the school in every statistic before he graduates.

2. MichiganPreps

MichiganPreps
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

Do you have any stats on Robinson? Video would be even better. Send a couple of game tapes to us at the address listed on the Contact Us menu and we can feature him. We're here to help kids like that get recognized, so thanks for the heads up and please send something in.

Anyone else know someone like Chris Robinson that you don't think is known but deserves some attention? We just went through a detailed process to have Rivals HQ rank a bunch of Michigan kids with their star system, and we are always looking to help more Michigan kids. More on the new "star" kids coming soon.

3. Jmali69

Jmali69
    Expand Collapse

E-mailed the A.D director at ovid elsie's high school. Awaiting reply, but I will also try to make my own highlight video if that is how I can get this kid in your database. I am sure he is receiving interest from colleges in the mail as we speak.
    Thanks for your time

4. MichiganPreps

MichiganPreps
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

If you know the kid, have him fill out one of our football prospect submission forms found under the "More" tab of our site. He'll give us contact info so we can get in touch with him and find out more about him. If you don't know him, maybe you know someone else that knows him. Let's get this kid some attention.

5. MichiganPreps

MichiganPreps
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

Chris Robinson gets some publicity

In Craig Wind's latest article, he highlighted his Top 10 small schools, and he included a nice little blurb on Chris Robinson. This kid now has 1388 yards and 20 TDs as a junior. Outstanding! Thanks for the tip. We still don't have tape on him, but the plug is a good start.

6. timtheknife

timtheknife
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

Re: Chris Robinson gets some publicity

Nice that he got some pub but ultimately he and his coach have to step up and do soemthing to get his film out there. I'm sick of hearing coaches talk about how they are paid to coach not help get kids recruited. That's a huge character issue IMO. I'm not saying you need to bend over backwards for a kid, but why is it so difficult to send a film to some peopel to get a kid some pub. Why wouldn't a coach want to send a tape into Rivals? If this kid doesn't have someone looking out for him, nothing's going to get done and he'll probably end up not getting noticed. Send that tape in coach.

7. hsff2009

hsff2009
    Expand Collapse

I can get tape to Michigan Preps if he still wants it. I have the majority of the games on my computer now and will be working on highlight tapes for Chris and others on the team over the coming weeks. MP let me know where you would like the video sent.

8. MichiganPreps

MichiganPreps
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

That's what I'm talkin' about! Nice job on the video tape for Chris Robinson. Please send the video to:
    Michigan Preps
    16086 Birwood
    Beverly Hills, MI 48025

And, if you think there are other guys (on your team or opponents) that you think deserve some attention, please send those in as well. Thanks for reading the post and responding with such perfect information.

If anyone else out there has tape on someone you think is great, but under the radar, you can help out by doing the same.

9. hsff2009

hsff2009
    Expand Collapse

Ovid has a number of athletes that could play ball at different levels next year. Craig Wind talked about Jason Goosen in his article today, 6'-6" QB that has had a great season with minimal passing attempts. Along with him is Nick Madden, the best receiver in the league and a great defensive player for the past 4 years on the varsity. David Russek is a fast DE that has some potential to play at the next level as well. I will get you the video and I would appreciate your honest feedback.

10. MichiganPreps

MichiganPreps
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

Send it all over. We've heard about Goosen, but we've never seen film on him. If you're making tapes, send over as many good players as you've got. It's a little late in the game for us to help them with D1 programs, but we'll take a look and try to get their stuff up. There are a lot of programs like this out there who sit on their tape all season and the kids never get a shot. The west side teams are notorious for that, which is one reason you don't see as many west side kids play big time college football. You need to get us their junior tape so they can be on the radar BEFORE their senior year. You can fall back on the "if they're good enough, they'll find you" philosophy, but these kids at Ovid are living proof that this doesn't always happen. If you don't have a highlight tape, contact University Sports Recruiters. If you have a tape, get it to us and to college coaches. Coaches, don't sit on your tape all season because it's only affecting the kid's opportunity to get some looks. Thanks for taking the time to do this. We'll definitely take a look.